Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Our Literacy Centers this week...

Do you ever have those days or weeks where you are running around like a crazy person, but feel as though you can never catch up?  Well, the past two weeks have been those kind of weeks!  Whew...ever since I went back to work we have been crazy busy in our classroom...me assessing, assessing, and MORE assessing!  I totally didn't know where my students stood academically so I've been figuring all of that out...but, in the meantime we've been having lots of fun learning too!
Check out our weather literacy centers below...feel free to pin to your literacy boards on Pinterest!
(If you're interested in them they are in my What's the Weather pack on tpt)

I always do this type of center after Christmas where they have to listen for 2 sounds...beginning and ending...it really gets their brains to thinking!

For this center, I made and hung these little kites from our ceiling...the kiddos had to walk around the room with their clipboards and find the kites...listen for the ending sound...and record it on their paper.  I LOVE to get them up and moving for at least one center.



We are working hard on spelling cvc words...

Middle sounds...
 That pretty much sums up Lit centers...
And, by the way...do you use comprehension skill posters during your whole group literacy?...I didn't until this year...these posters are AWE.SOME!  I use them every single day of the world...it's so easy to tack up on my board and the definition is right there for me...less quick thinking for me which is a good thing most days...plus there's a cute little picture that explains each skill...SO GREAT!  Click the picture to buy them for your classroom...or stick them in your cart for the next big TPT sale...
My twinsie, Amy Hope, made these and has them in her store...

Tomorrow is Friday...Yay!

9 comments:

  1. I really like your literacy centers for this week! Where can I get a copy of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! You can find them in my What's the Weather packet in my tpt store. :) Thanks for reading my blog!

      Delete
  2. I really like your literacy centers for this week! Where can I get a copy of them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wanna be in your classroom for one week to see how you get ALL that done with kinders! geez! so proud to call you my sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shut it...your're hilarious! I just wish we could team-teach together!! How FUN would that be?!?

      Delete
  4. Love it Julie! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of creative ideas. The kites are adorable. Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these ideas!! I love when we can making learning fun for our little guys.
    We are new followers!! We look forward to reading more!
    Kelly and Kim’s Kindergarten Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them! I always enjoy your station ideas. thanks

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover