Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Fun and Green Day!

Today was green day!  Green day is so much fun because we have lots of fun activities for green.  Ask your child about Go Away Big Green Monster.  We read the story, and then made our very own "big green monster" as a class.  Each child cut one part of our monster and glued it on.  Check out the pictures below!  Then, we each made small ones so we could have one to keep at home.  But, for now, they are haning in our hallway.  Ms. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom stopped by for a minute to talk with us and to get our picture made.  We watched the video this morning on BSLK t.v. 

GREEN
(Tune: Row, Row, Row Your Boat)
Frog Street Press
  G-r-e-e-n, g-r-e-e-n,
I know how to spell green, g-r-e-e-n.
Caterpillars are green, and grasshoppers too.
I know how to spell green, g-r-e-e-n.


Here we are retelling Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See?  by Bill Martin Jr.  We used character cut-outs to retell the story. 


During literacy time, we practiced reading our new sight words, I and am, by reading a pocket chart story.  Each child got to pick a sentence and come up and point to the words and read.  They were so excited that they were doing the reading!


Here are some pictures of our "big green monster" and the finished product. 


Each day we have been singing our alphabet sound songs from Heidi songs.  You can see her on our Promethean board.  The kids LOVE Heidi songs.  It's precious to watch them. 



In math, we began learning to sort.  Today we used m&m's to sort by color.  We sorted them on the Brown Bear characters from our story...then the best part...we got to EAT them!  Yum!


We sorted together using the ELMO so everyone could see well! 

Every Friday, if we build our rainbow, we get to visit the treasure chest.  Today was our first visit to it.  I didn't get everyone's pictures, but a few.  The kiddos were so excited to finally see what was inside that mystery chest!  What a GREAT week! 

22 comments:

  1. I LOVE your website! I also teach kindergarten and I am always looking for new ideas! Where did you get your M&M sorting sheet? Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this comment. I made the sorting sheet and would be happy to send you a copy through e-mail. Just let me know if you are interested! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you please send it to me?! Thanks!
      lesley.settles@boyle.kyschools.us

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. That's so funny, I was just going to ask you the same thing about your clip art images, I love them! Hope you could share with another fellow Kinder teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to share. Just get me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YaY! Thanks! Lattemamalibby@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love a copy, too! LJRieben@gmail.com Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie!
    I love your blog and love your Brown Bear ideas! I'm putting together some things for my Intro to Kindergarten Summer school class and I was wondering if you would ever be willing to share your M&M sorting sheet??? Also, I noticed under another post that you had a 8 1/2 x 11 page of the characters for the students to color and sequence. I would LOVE a copy of that one, too, pretty please! Thank you!

    sheyna.jensen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie! I have been spending my evenings browsing your wonderful blog. I would love a copy of your brown bear unit, if you don't mind sharing :) sharoncho@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would also love copies of M&M sort, and clip art! THANK YOU... you are such an inspiration! This will be my first year and I will be spending the sumer glued to this blog among others!! :) Amber

    ambervincent6810@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the great ideas! You look like a great teacher. I would love a copy of your brown bear unit if you are sharing:) Thanks April
    aprilschmeckpeper@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie ~

    I am looking to donate to your donors choose and would love a copy of your brown bear unit! It's always fun to switch up what I am currently doing with the story. Thank you so much in advance ;o) cosgrovefamily4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julie~ I love your ideas! You are so creative! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your ideas with others. I am starting to plan for next year and would love a copy of your brown bear unit.
    Thanks in advance:)
    Carole
    cjkinder@nctv.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to get a copy of your sorting sheet. I'm trying to get ideas together for the upcoming school year and I think this is a great way to introduce colors. Thanks!

    SFreeman49@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your website! Can I have a copy of your sorting sheet and the brown bear sequencing sheet. Thanks for all that you do!

    sscanlon@wcpss.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi again
    i was wondering if you could share the brown bear unit?...what did you do for the other color days that you didn't post. This is such a clever way to intro colors, sort, graph and sequence...
    also....how can you show the heidi songs dvd on your elmo?...do you have a special hook up....? i don't have the board yet...just a screen and a document camera...i have been brainstorming how i could show those dvd's ...i want to purchase them...but not sure how to display?...have any ideas?
    once again you have outdone yourself with the creative ideas....how wonderful!
    laura
    lhardin@lcisd.org

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie,
    I love your ideas. Can I get a copy of your color/Brown Bear unit? I am always looking for new ideas.
    Thank you,
    Linda
    Lkfloth@interact.ccsd.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julie,
    I love your ideas. Can I get a copy of your color/Brown Bear unit? I am always looking for new ideas.
    Thank you,
    Linda
    Lkfloth@interact.ccsd.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Julie,
    Love the Brown Bear sorting mat! If you don't mind sharing, I would love a copy! Such great ideas!
    Thanks so much,
    Amy

    amcdonough@bwschools.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. One of the thing that is of colossal worth to you when you are looking for an auto advance is to get your advance endorsed online before you begin your shopping. An online auto advance quote can be proficient for a set measure of cash without knowing which auto you need to purchase. check cashing san-diego

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover